We're all working together to make big sweeping changes happen in November 2020, and CAN we're doing our part by elevating art and artists' voices to support great causes and help get people fired up to vote! You can help us spark social change by reading and sharing our feminist gift guide and shopping at CAN the next time you need a gift for your feminist friend, family member or coworker, and every gift supports independent artists and nonprofit organizations like UltraViolet and Headcount.org. There's a lot of great stuff with meaning and messages to help keep you focused and inspired through election day 2020 and beyond!
1. Iconic feminist socks make the perfect gift for feminists of all ages! There are nearly 20 individual sock designs in our sock collection including famous females like RBG, Michelle Obama, AOC, Greta Thunberg and more, and if you like to mix and match, pick up one of our variety packs like the Inspiring Icons 12-pack, our feminist sock 6-pack or the RBG 4-pack that comes with two RBG ankle socks and two RBG crew socks. All of our socks are designed by independent artist Maggie Stern Stitches and support UltraViolet feminist organization, working to help all people affected by sexism.
2. Time with a jigsaw puzzle that celebrates women is time well spent! As far as puzzles go, the Nevertheless She Persisted puzzle and 19th Amendment puzzle are two of the really good ones. They're crafted with great care by Cobble Hill Puzzles in Brooklyn, USA and the illustrations are from She Paper, an art company that's for women, by women. Each feminist puzzle has 1000 random cut pieces that perfectly fit into each other and we guarantee you'll learn something about famous feminists, the women behind suffrage and how the 19th Amendment came to be. Our puzzles support UltraViolet feminist organization with every sale!
3. Show everyone where you stand heading into November 2020 with Vote! hemp buttons and hemp button variety packs! Our hemp buttons come from Busy Beaver Button Company in Chicago, USA and not only do they send an important message, they're so much better for the environment than regular buttons. Our Hemp button variety packs each come with five buttons designed by staunch feminists in support of our partner organization Headcount.org. Vote buttons make the perfect gift in an election year so pass them out to your friends and family and help get out the vote! Check out our entire button collection for more Vote! buttons and Green New Deal buttons too.
4. We collaborated with Canopy Hats and feminist artists on a line of interchangeable hats and velcro patches that help get out the vote! In support of Headcount.org, patches feature Vote Like Your Rights Depend On it (worn here by artist Amy Smith), Vote in Peace by Susanne Lamb and Vote by Kelly Rosen. Get the hat and interchangeable patch or get the set that comes with the hat and all four patches! Matching feminist vote buttons are also available in our shop. The perfect election year 2020 gift for feminists who care about voting!
5. Good things come in small packages and this gift set also comes with attitude! The RBG Dynamic Duo Gift Set comes with our most popular RBG crew socks in teal (quote reads "I dissent") and the RBG Action Figure made by FCTRY. Ruth Bader Ginsberg is a precious national icon who stands for equality and feminism, and if you love her as much as we do, check out the Kiki print by Shiva Star, the RBG sock 4-pack gift set and our new polka dot RBG socks and stripe RBG ankle socks! Every purchase helps UltraViolet in the fight for women's equality.
6. There are thousands of inspiring framed or unframed prints in our shop for everyone, all designed by independent artists! Feminist posters like The Future Is Female by Brooke Fischer (featured in National Geographic: A Century of Women), Hear Our Voice by Liza Donovan (an official Women's March selection), Kiki by Shima Star and Dress Like A Woman by Katie McMurry are all reminders of the strength, power and resilience of women united together. and everything in between, CAN's activist posters make the perfect gift in an election year.
7. Wear RBG every day until election day! Our RBG variety four-pack headlines our feminist sock collection and is a huge hit with the 2020 gift-giving crowd. Ruth Bader Ginsberg has become a beloved icon of our lifetimes and with the election heating up this fall (and politics getting even ickier) we just can't seem to get enough RBG. Besides the RBG variety four-pack, consider gifting individual RBG crew socks in teal or fuschia, The Supremes crew sock (RBG, Elena Kagan & Sonia Sotomayor), RBG ankle socks in spots or stripes. We march on!
8. The What REALLY Makes America Great Book is a collection of 75+ illustrations from our independent artist community celebrating the inherent, non-partisan American values like civil disobedience, equal opportunity and education that really make America great, and it's a classic that belongs on every bookshelf across the country, whether you vote red or blue. This is a great gift for a Democrat or a Republican! Proceeds from our book proudly support The Dream Corps.
9. Dress Like A Woman by Katie McMurry is one of our favorites in our women's t-shirt collection and we give a portion of every sale to UltraViolet feminist organization! Activist t-shirts for feminists like Pussycat Power by Nic Squirrel and Protect What You Love by Rachel Young make a great summer birthday gift and be sure to give them alongside the feminist socks, activist vote buttons or the RBG action figure! Shirts are prewashed and preshrunk, and printed proudly in Los Angeles, USA. Get the Dress Like A Woman t-shirt for kids too!
2020 may not be going exactly as planned but one thing's for certain, moms need our love more than ever this Mother's Day! Moms have been doing double and duty with kids home from school this spring and let's not forget all those who are healthcare workers, grocers, clerks and delivery people keeping things running for everyone else too! To make Mother's Day extra special this year, we made a list of essential gifts to celebrate hardworking moms, and everything in our shop is 20% off from now until May 15th. We're proud that these gifts give back to Ultraviolet organization, working to improve the lives of women and girls of all identities, which feels so important to the world right now. From all of us at CAN, a heartfelt thanks to all the moms out there. We appreciate you! ❤️