2020 may not be going exactly as planned but one thing's for certain, moms need our love more than ever this Mother's Day! Moms have been doing double and duty with kids home from school this spring and let's not forget all those who are healthcare workers, grocers, clerks and delivery people keeping things running for everyone else too! To make Mother's Day extra special this year, we made a list of essential gifts to celebrate hardworking moms, and everything in our shop is 20% off from now until May 10th. We're proud that these gifts give back to Ultraviolet organization, working to improve the lives of women and girls of all identities, which feels so important to the world right now. From all of us at CAN, a heartfelt thanks to all the moms out there. We appreciate you! ❤️
1. First up is our new Inspiring Icons Sock 12-Pack Gift Set! Perfect for mom whether she's on her feet all day or putting her feet up after a long day, these vibrant, well-made socks are designed by feminist artist Maggie Stern Stitches and sales of each pair give back to UltraViolet. The Inspiring Icons 12-pack is the biggest variety pack in our sock collection yet, and comes with six crew socks (RBG teal, RBG pink, Elizabeth Warren, the Supremes and Maya Angelou) and six ankle socks (RBG polka dot, RBG stripe, Greta red, AOC, Nancy Pelosi and Sonia Sotomayor socks. It's the perfect inspiring Mother's Day gift for every lucky lady on your list this year.
2. Good things come in small packages and this gift also comes with attitude! The RBG Dynamic Duo Gift Set comes with our most popular RBG crew socks in teal (quote reads "I dissent") and the RBG Action Figure made by FCTRY. Ruth Bader Ginsberg is one of our favorite working mom icons and if you love her as much as we do, check out the Kiki print by Shiva Star, the RBG sock 4-pack gift set and our new polka dot RBG socks and stripe RBG ankle socks! Every purchase helps UltraViolet in the fight for women's equality.
3. Everyone loves our feminist sock collection! We're spending a lot of time at home right now and wearing these socks reminds us of the strong women who've persevered when faced with life's obstacles. We have over fifteen individual sock designs in the shop plus wonderful sock variety packs like the RBG sock 4-pack gift set, our 6-pack variety packs of socks and the Inspiring Icons sock 12-pack gift set that we fondly refer to as the 'mother' of all variety packs. Made by Maggie Stern Stitches and proudly supporting UltraViolet with every sale!
4. You can't go wrong giving mom one of our action figures for Mother's Day! Choose from the AOC Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez action figure, the RBG Ruth Bader Ginsberg action figure and don't forget the Barack Obama action figure too! Want to make Mother's Day 2020 even more special? Pair the action figures with our AOC sock or one of our many different RBG socks! These mini superheroes are just 6" tall, are designed by FCTRY and proudly support UltraViolet.
5. Everyone's spending a lot of time at home, so spiff things up a bit with new art for mom's walls! We have thousands of prints in our shop that are available framed or unframed and come in multiple sizes, all designed by independent artists, many of whom are moms. New arrivals like Kiki / RBG by Shima Star and Malala by Amy Smith join our perennial favorites Let Equality Bloom by Brooke Fischer and Hear Our Voice by Liza Donovan, an official Women's March selection. And remember the gorgeous landscape art in our vast See America national park poster collection. There's truly something for everyone!
6. Introducing feminist jigsaw puzzles! Made by Cobble Hill Puzzles with art by She Paper, a Brooklyn USA-based company 'for women, by women', the Nevertheless She Persisted and 19th Amendment 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles are the perfect gift for mom, especially in 20020 when we're all spending a lot of time sheltering in place. They're challenging, fun and educational! Proudly supporting UltraViolet feminist organization with every sale.
7. For moms who love books we suggest the Women Writers sock 4-pack! These make an especially amazing Mother's Day gift when paired with a poetry book, a new novel or one of our Recovering the Classics fine art prints like Pride and Prejudice from Alexis Lampley. These literary ladies include Virginia Woolf, Maya Angelou, Jane Austen and Emily Bronte socks designed by Maggie Stern, and like the rest of our feminist sock collection, proceeds from every sale are shared with UltraViolet.
8. The What REALLY Makes America Great Book is a collection of 75+ illustrations from our independent artist community celebrating the inherent, non-partisan American values that really make America great, and it's a classic that belongs on every bookshelf across the country! In times like these when people are coming together and helping one another in the face of adversity, this book is a reminder for mom and everyone else about the qualities that really do make America great. Proceeds from our book proudly support The Dream Corps.
Thanks for reading our Mother's Day gift guide and taking time to celebrate hardworking moms everywhere! Our 20% off storewide sale runs through midnight on May 15th Mother's Day, and be sure to order early this year so mom gets her gifts on time. Best wishes for a safe and happy Mother's Day! ~Team CAN