At Creative Action Network we believe 100% in the power of art to change the world, and for Holiday 2019 we've made a list of the top ten activist gifts you'll love to give and get! From books and calendars to the RBG gift set, feminist sock multipacks and ocean-loving beach towels, every CAN product is designed by an independent artist and gives back to important social causes like Surfrider, NPCA, UltraViolet, Sunrise Movement and many more. With something for everyone, it might just be the only gift guide you need this year!
1. The Ruth Bader Ginsburg Gift Set is the perfect gift for feminists and every purchase helps UltraViolet in the fight for women's equality! It comes with a cozy pair of Maggie Stern Stitches' RBG socks, the RBG Action Figure and RBG enamel pin from FCTRY. Check out our full feminist sock collection, the rest of our pins and all of our action figures!
2. The See America Book: A Celebration of our National Parks & Treasured Sites is the perfect non-partisan activist gift! With illustrations of national parks across all 50 states, sales give back to National Parks Conservation Association. Also be sure to shop our entire See America Collection of 2020 calendars, prints, luggage tags and apparel for more presents for park lovers!
3. Our Vote 2020 Wall Calendar helps get out the vote! Sparked by designs from our successful 2018 midterm Vote button campaign, sales give back to Headcount, an organization that's already registered over 600,000 U.S. voters. We've got more vote buttons + button packs and vote coasters at CAN plus an assortment of other new 2020 wall calendars to boot!
4. The Green New Deal Limited Edition Enamel Pin is our best-selling pin ever! Designed by Los Angeles artist Devon Bragg, sales give back to Sunrise Movement, a coalition of young people working to stop climate change and create millions of good jobs. Be sure to shop the entire Green New Deal collection with wall art, apparel, buttons and print-at-home rally signs!
5. Our Ocean Love Beach Towels support our partners at Surfrider Foundation and have been a splash hit this year! There's a handy set of four beach towels or choose from over 30+ individual towels, all designed by independent artists passionate about saving our seas. Check out our Ocean Love T-Shirt collaboration with Isle of Wight activist Rachel Young while you're at it!
6. The Feminist Sock 4-Pack comes with cozy RBG, Elizabeth Warren, Sonia Sotomayor and Nancy Pelosi socks, designed by feminist artist Maggie Stern Stitches and giving back to UltraViolet feminist organization! We have over a dozen individual sock designs as well. "Loved, loved, LOVED! They're the BEST socks I own. Super comfy and badass to boot!" ~Ryan S.
7. Our Action Figures from FCTRY are the perfect stocking stuffers! The Elizabeth Warren and Ruth Bader Ginsberg action figures give back to UltraViolet and Barack Obama gives back to The Dream Corps. Get awesome related gifts like the RBG Gift Set, Elizabeth Warren Socks and Obama prints and puzzles in the shop too!
8. The What REALLY Makes America Great Book is a collection of 75+ illustrations from our independent artist community celebrating the inherent, non-partisan American values that really make America great. Be sure to check out matching What Makes America Great framed and unframed prints and apparel in our shop! Sales give back to The Dream Corps.
9. Hate Will Not Divide Us women's and men's t-shirts come in a rainbow of colors and give back to Courage Campaign, fighting for a more progressive California and USA. The print design is so popular we introduced tank tops, buttons and a mirrored compact for Pride 2019! As the artist and LGBTQ rights activist Sindy Jireh Garcia says, "And love will unite us all".
10. Embrace diversity with the Everyone Welcome print by Crystal Sacca, part of our What Really Makes America Great campaign! The poster is available framed or unframed and comes in two sizes, with proceeds giving back to The Dream Corps. Pick up the matching t-shirt and tote bag to make a gift set trifecta that will inspire everyone on your list!
11. We know this is a top 10 list but we're overachievers, so here's one more! If you can't decide which awesome gift to get, choose the Creative Action Network Gift Card. The CAN gift card comes in $25, $50, $75 and $100 amounts and your lucky recipient will feel good knowing they're giving back to worthy nonprofit organizations while they shop. Send that special someone on a holiday shopping spree they'll feel great about! Envelope and social activism included.
We're all working together to make big sweeping changes happen in November 2020, and CAN we're doing our part by elevating art and artists' voices to support great causes and help get people fired up to vote! You can help us spark social change by reading and sharing our feminist gift guide and shopping at CAN the next time you need a gift for your feminist friend, family member or coworker, and every gift supports independent artists and nonprofit organizations like UltraViolet and Headcount.org. There's a lot of great stuff with meaning and messages to help keep you focused and inspired through election day 2020 and beyond!e you need a gift for your feminist friend, family member or coworker. There's a lot of great stuff that we guarantee will help get you through to election day and beyond!