What a year! Before we dive into all the exciting things waiting for us in 2016, we wanted to take a moment to look back at some of our proudest moments in 2015 and celebrate the artists and activists in our community who made it happen.
1. We won our first award! Almost exactly a year after we launched See America, the Association of Partners for Public Lands gave us the 2015 Corporate Stewardship Award. An excellent start to the year!
2. We launched Transcend - Moments in Sports that Changed the Game. In partnership with Bleacher Report to support Boys & Girls Clubs, we launched our Transcend campaign with a show in San Francisco, celebrating 20 moments whose impact was felt beyond the world of sports and had an impact on society.
3. King James shared one of the designs! Nikkolas Smith contributed this excellent design to our Transcend campaign, and Lebron James himself shared it with millions of followers!
4. We launched Vote Libraries! In partnership with EveryLibrary, we launched Vote Libraries, joining the nationwide movement to preserve our libraries and improve the public good by spreading this important message with these beautiful designs.
5. We teamed up with the New York Public Library, Digital Public Library of America and The White House, to make Recovering The Classics covers freely available on ebooks for schools and libraries across the country! Then we hosted a great pop-up gallery in the New York City Public Library to celebrate:)
6. We Celebrated A More Perfect Union. On June 26th, 2015, The Supreme Court ruled in Obergefell v Hodges that marriage is a right, for everyone, everywhere. So we teamed up with Courage Campaign to launch a new campaign and celebrate our more perfect union.
7. We had a party to save the Wolves! To kick off our Join The Pack campaign with Earthjustice, helping to change the narrative on wolves, we threw a Wolf Party in San Francisco, complete with art and howling.
8. Recovering The Classics books are on Warby Parker shelves! Warby Parker, maybe the coolest eyeglass store there is, now carries two limited-edition paperback book designs from Recovering The Classics!
9. We launched the Working Families P(ART)Y. We teamed up with Working Families Party, a grassroots progressive political organization that fights for economic and racial justice, to create a new series of art highlighting their key issues.
10. We launched the See America 2016 Wall Calendar with Workman publishing, a postcard book with the Golden Gate Conservation Association, and sent the final version of our upcoming Chronicle book to the presses, to be released this coming March! The calendar was named the Best Gift for Park Lovers by Sunset Magazine, our prints were named the #1 Gift for Americana Buffs by Atlas Obscura, and we can't wait for the book to come out in March 2016!
Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, May 9th and we can't think of a better time in history to celebrate moms! Moms are modern superheroes and we think they deserve special recognition for all the extra hours on the clock this past year. Our 2021 Mother's Day gift guide has fun suggestions on how to make this year extra special for your mom, grandma and all the deserving ladies in your life, with unique gift ideas like Maya Angelou socks, Women of Star Trek puzzles and the cutest little RBG baby onesie for new and expecting moms. And so much more! Proceeds from our Mother's Day gift guide help support UltraViolet feminist organization, giving back to women and girls with every sale. Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful hardworking moms!