Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, May 9th and we can't think of a better time in history to celebrate moms! Moms are modern superheroes and we think they deserve special recognition for all the extra hours on the clock this past year. Our 2021 Mother's Day gift guide has fun suggestions on how to make this year extra special for your mom, grandma and all the deserving ladies in your life, with unique gift ideas like Maya Angelou socks, Women of Star Trek puzzles and the cutest little RBG baby onesie for new and expecting moms. And so much more! Proceeds from our Mother's Day gift guide help support UltraViolet feminist organization, giving back to women and girls with every sale. Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful hardworking moms!
1. Colorful, cozy socks that celebrate iconic feminists of history make a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Designed by Maggie Stern Stitches (a mom and grandma herself) this smart, vibrant sock collection depicts famous feminists like RBG, Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama and so many others, all with inspiring quotes on the soles. Choose from individual crew and ankle socks, plus variety packs including one with a dozen different socks. "They're just right in terms of thickness and stretch, very cozy, and obviously very cute." ~Lydia B. approves! Sales support UltraViolet.
2. Thanks Mom Feminist Sock Variety 5-pack, brand new for Mother's Day. Some of the most famous feminists happen to be moms and grandmas too, and they deserve their own spotlight this year! Introducing a bundle of five different socks depicting famous moms, one for each day of the week. The pack comes with RBG teal crew socks, Nancy Pelosi ankle socks, Hillary Clinton crew socks, Michelle Obama crew socks and Kamala Harris crew socks, all iconic moms we know and love. Happily supporting UltraViolet feminist organization with every sale.
3. Make sure your loved ones never run out of pretty, inspirational face masks to keep everyone safe! Designed by independent artists from around the world to help essential workers, these non-medical cloth face masks are soft, washable and best of all, for every mask sold an essential frontline worker gets a free mask. Thanks to Coworker.org for helping distribute over 6,000 free masks to workers so far!
4. The Kamala Harris collection has gifts that celebrate our inspiring new Vice President. Careful, there's broken glass on the floor everywhere! Our groundbreaking new VP is getting things done like we knew she would, and we can't wait to see what she does next. An eclectic collection of well-designed Mother's Day gifts like Kamala Harris crew socks and art that celebrate all things Madame Vice President and Momala, too. Proceeds give back to UltraViolet organization.
5. Send mom a Ruth Bader Ginsburg care package and other meaningful RBG gifts for Mother's Day. All moms will feel appreciated and cared for with this limited edition RBG care package of goodies! A tribute to Justice Ginsburg and her life's work, the care package comes with soft, cushy RBG polka dot and green stripe ankle socks, plus the eco-friendly RBG magnet and button made from hemp paper. Supporting UltraViolet with every purchase.
6. The perfect gift for moms who love art, good vibes and books! Books filled with vibrant, meaningful art and hopeful messages belong on everyone's bookshelf in 2021. Check out Posters For A Green New Deal: 50 Removable Posters To Inspire Change, What REALLY Makes America Great and See America: A Celebration of Our National Parks. Available wherever books are sold with sales supporting The Dream Corps, Sunrise Movement and Earthjustice organizations.
7. Inspiring Green New Deal gifts for moms who care about our future (which is all of them). Posters For A Green New Deal: 50 Removable Posters To Inspire Change is a new book from Creative Action Network that's really like 50 gifts in one, because all the 11x14" oversized posters inside can be neatly pulled out to adorn walls and windows. Pair the book with Green New Deal apparel, buttons and a sweet little limited edition Green New Deal pin. Sales give back to Sunrise Movement, an organization working to counter the effects of climate change.
8. Feeling crafty this year for Mother's Day? Put together a D-I-Y gift box full of goodies from our store and send it to mom! Choose from cozy colorful socks, action figures, buttons, magnets, pins, books, masks and more to make an unforgettable Mother's Day present. Order soon so you'll have plenty of time to assemble a fun gift basket or box with a personal touch. Creative Action Network gifts support a range of worthy social causes like UltraViolet, Earthjustice and The Dream Corps.
9. Environmentally friendly hemp paper buttons and magnets for all the eco-minded mamas. The perfect gift for mom that won't break the bank or the environment, each button and refrigerator magnet made from speckly, natural hemp is manufactured sustainably by Busy Beaver Button Company in Chicago, USA. Choose individual designs or variety pack gift sets, all made from earth-friendly hemp, with sales helping support worthy causes like UltraViolet and The Dream Corps.
10. Dress Like A Woman and thousands of vibrant fine art prints, available framed or unframed. Fresh decor is on everyone's 2021 to do list! Make change for the better with posters that come in different sizes, covering a broad range of activism topics like feminism, civil justice, public libraries and protecting our national parks. The Dress Like A Woman poster gives back to UltraViolet organization and also helps support Katie McMurray, the feminist artist (and mom) who designed it.
11. For moms who love art and classic literature, check out Recovering The Classics posters and stationery. An extensive collection of cover art reimagined into posters of iconic classic books like Pride And Prejudice, The Wizard Of Oz, Sherlock Holmes and many more. Recovering The Classics prints (available framed or unframed), notebooks, journals and greeting cards help support Digital Public Library of America (DPLA), bringing together the riches of America's libraries, archives and museums, and making them freely available to the world.
12. Limited edition pet collars and leashes are the perfect present for dog moms and their stylish pooches. Designed by a team of independent artists and dog lovers, leashes and collars come in a variety of sizes, widths and designs, including a tribute to Ruth Bader Ginsburg's iconic collar, and a snappy duo of vote collars and leashes, too. Sales support Headcount and UltraViolet, two organizations working to make positive and lasting change in the world. Photo: Alexander Bang Studios.
13. Wyeth hats x See America national parks. CAN collaborated with Wyeth USA and See America artists on a collection of high quality hats that celebrate our amazing National Parks! Both Wyeth and Creative Action Network are passionate about the environment and our wild areas, and we're excited to be able to give back by helping in the preservation of these incredibly special places.This collection's purpose is to raise awareness of our parks and support independent artists while giving back to an important nonprofit organization, Earthjustice.
14. Carry your favorite activist art around with you and treat your mom to an outspoken new debit card design too! We've partnered with CARD.com and independent artists to make a collection of over 20 different prepaid debit cards with colorful designs for important causes like female empowerment, national parks, LBGTQ+ pride, celebrating black artists, supporting public libraries and more. (The Creative Action Network designed Card.com Prepaid Visa Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. The Bancorp Bank: Member FDIC.) Supporting a range of important social causes!