"Fight for the things you care about. But do it in a way that will lead others to join you." ~Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 2015
RBG was a hero to all of us, and now it's our job to continue her legacy of fighting for equality. The upcoming election is our best chance to make our voices heard, to speak up and do good things that will inspire others to do the same. In the spirit of good things and good causes, we're proud to introduce CAN's new 2020 voter gift guide, with merchandise that all gives back to our non profit partners Headcount.org and UltraViolet. We've all got to vote (and vote hard!) this fall so please make sure you're registered to vote and that you know how to vote by mail. Voting has already started in several states! Register to vote and check your status at Headcount.org where they've registered over 800,000 voters so far. Read on for a list of great election season activist gifts to give this fall!
1. In our humble opinion, vote buttons are one of the best gifts you can give right now. Our vote button collection is a bright and colorful way to do a lot of good – it gives back to Headcount.org, dedicated to registering voters all across America, and every button is designed by an independent artist whom the collection also helps support. Not only will wearing a vote button between now and November 3rd will show you're a proud voter, it will remind everyone else to make sure they're a voter, too! Be sure to head on over to our button shop for more button fun like our eco-friendly hemp vote buttons and Green New Deal button collection, with both individual buttons and variety packs available.
2. March to the polls (or walk to your mailbox) to vote in feminist icon socks that support the rights of women and girls every step of the way! There's too much riding on the 2020 election to sit this one out, and you can get involved or help out in other ways, too. By shopping the feminist sock collection you'll give back to UltraViolet, an organization fighting to improve the lives of all women and girls in this very 2020 world. Whether your jam is future VP Kamala Harris crew socks, Ruth Bader Ginsburg ankle socks or the variety pack of 12 pairs of socks that includes both Kamala and RBG, wearing, giving and getting these socks will get you pumped for election season!
3. Searching for that perfectly packaged, perfectly priced, politically-themed fall gift? We found it! Our action figure collection is designed by the talented artists of FCTRY and sales support UltraViolet and The Dream Corps organizations, both of which are working hard to make this country better. Choose from Joe Biden, Barack Obama and Kamala Harris, all of which come in sturdy, protective packaging that's conveniently packable so you can take them anywhere. Be sure to also check out the Kamala Harris gift set that comes with both her action figure and socks!
4. Where would we be without the legacy RBG left us? She opened countless doors for gender equality during her lifetime and now it's our job keep those doors open (and open a lot more) for future generations by speaking up and voting like our rights depend on it! The Ruth Bader Ginsburg collection celebrates all this amazing woman taught us and helps support UltraViolet, an organization working hard to improve the lives of all people impacted by sexism. From an exclusive RBG button and RBG baby onesies all the way up to feminist socks designed by the one and only Maggie Stern Stitches, get everything you need to commemorate the notorious RBG as we head to the polls this fall.
5. Introducing the Kamala Harris Vote! 2020 gift set. She's the energetic Senator from California and hopefully our new Vice President, a fierce fighter for justice and first black and Indian woman at the top of a major presidential ticket. We love her so darn much, we made a new gift set for her! The Kamala Harris gift set comes with Kamala Harris crew socks designed by Maggie Stern Stitches and the Kamala Harris Action figure designed by FCTRY.
6. Next time you head out for a walk with your pooch be sure to take along a new leash and collar! Introducing our new collection of RBG + Vote! dog collars and leashes that come in a variety of sizes, widths and prints (just like your dog). They're the perfect gift for dog lovers and proudly support Headcount and UltraViolet, two organizations working to make positive and lasting change in the world. Designed by and supporting independent artists too! Photo: Alexander Bang Studios.
7. Climate issues are playing a big part in 2020 elections and our new book Posters For A Green New Deal: 50 Removable Posters To Inspire Change is a great present for anyone who cares about our future! The book is available in our shop and wherever books are sold and showcases fifty designs from our Green New Deal poster collection, plus every page is a perforated poster that can be pulled out, put up on walls or in your windows. The book covers important Green New Deal topics like Reforestation, Revitalizing Cities and Workers Rights, and a portion of every sale goes to Sunrise Movement, an organization working to slow the effects of climate change. We hope you love it as much as we do and if you're a fan of the Green New Deal, be sure to check out our Green New Deal limited edition pin too!
8. Face masks are helping keep frontline workers safe during the pandemic and they'll help poll workers stay safe this November, too. CAN has joined the effort to protect essential workers with a new face mask collection, where for every mask sold, we give a free mask to an essential worker who needs one! We've given away almost 5,000 free masks so far with the help of our friends at Coworker.org, who've helped us distribute masks to organizations like Freedom To Thrive, We Dream In Black and Healthcare Professionals & Allied Employees Union Local 5058. So shop the face mask collection for rad face masks like People Power and I Am Not Disposable and you'll be sending an equally rad mask to a fellow human who could use one. Be sure to read our mask blog post for the full story of how our masks came to be!
9. Excited about the possibility of a woman Vice President? We are! In honor of the first black woman and first South Asian woman to headline a major party ticket, we made a new Vote 2020 sock variety pack comes with Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez AOC socks. Sales give back to our feminist partner organization, UltraViolet org. There's big momentum to turn out the vote this fall and we love that the quote on the soles of each Kamala sock says, "The American Dream Belongs to All of Us". This our chance to prove that by voting for the things we believe in! Our feminist icon socks are designed by Maggie Stern Stitches, a feminist artist in Concord, Massachusetts.
10. For lovers of books and art we recommend What REALLY Makes America Great. It's the second book from Creative Action Network, released exactly two years ago to coincide with the 2018 midterm elections, and it's full of art from over 75 independent artists who illustrated what they think makes America truly great. With wide ranging illustrations from Taco Trucks and Hip Hop to Immigration and Kindness, What REALLY Makes America Great makes the perfect bipartisan political gift, with a humor and optimism that Democrats and Republicans alike can relate to. And if you like books, CAN has two more! Check out the See America Book: A Celebration of our National Parks & Treasured Sites and Posters For A Green New Deal: 50 Removable Posters to Inspire Change.
11. Elections can be stressful and so far 2020 is a doozy, so put your drink down on something beautiful and useful that helps out a terrific cause! Our Vote! coaster collection is here to save your coffee table from rings and your country from tyranny. Made of natural stone in the USA, coasters are designed by independent artists and benefit Headcount.org, an organization that has registered almost 800,000 new voters so far through a network of concerts and musicians across the country. So whether you're into coffee, tea or something a little stronger like we will be come November, Vote! coasters are good thing to have around this fall!
12. We love a good sale as much as the next guy so here are a few great deals on great vote merch! Our refrigerator magnet collection is 25% off and there are plenty of vote magnets you can stick on your fridge to remind you to vote, like Give A Shit and The Truth. Choose from twelve individual magnets or magnet variety packs, all made from eco-friendly hemp and supporting worthy causes like Headcount.org and EarthJustice. If hats are more your thing, check out the velcro cap and vote patch collection from Canopy, also 25% off while supplies last. Each vote patch is designed by an independent artist and the entire collection gives back to Headcount.org. Happy Voting!
We're all working together to make big sweeping changes happen in November 2020, and CAN we're doing our part by elevating art and artists' voices to support great causes and help get people fired up to vote! You can help us spark social change by reading and sharing our feminist gift guide and shopping at CAN the next time you need a gift for your feminist friend, family member or coworker, and every gift supports independent artists and nonprofit organizations like UltraViolet and Headcount.org. There's a lot of great stuff with meaning and messages to help keep you focused and inspired through election day 2020 and beyond!e you need a gift for your feminist friend, family member or coworker. There's a lot of great stuff that we guarantee will help get you through to election day and beyond!