2020's been a doozy and we think everyone deserves the best holiday season ever! We got an early gift when Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the election, and in the spirit of hope, the holidays and to celebrate electing the first female, black and Asian Vice President in US history (and a new President too, wahoo!!) we hope you enjoy our annual gift guide, a list of our favorite gifts that give back to worthy causes, like UltraViolet, The Dream Corps, Sunrise Movement, Earthjustice and many more organizations. Thank you for making it all possible and we hope you find some great gifts in our shop! ~Team CAN
1. Pick up a pair of iconic feminist socks for everyone on your shopping list and everyone will love you for it! Creative Action Network has over 20 unique iconic feminist sock designs, including Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama and of course RBG, plus gift set variety packs like the Inspiring Icons 12-pack that includes all three of these ladies plus nine more! Our socks are designed by Maggie Stern in Massachusetts, USA and every pair we sell gives back to feminist organization UltraViolet, dedicated to helping all women and girls. The most popular styles go fast so be sure to head to CAN for your socks while we have them all in stock!
2. Our favorite 2020 gifts are beautiful, useful and help keep everyone safe! Face masks are shaping up to be essential holiday gifts this year and our holiday mask collection comes with everyone's favorite Spread Compassion, Bee Kind and We Can Do It! Vote designs plus variety packs like Mask Up Everyone that comes with fifteen masks so you can give them to friends and family. The best part is that we give a free mask to an essential frontline worker through our partnership with Coworker.org, and we're proud to say we've donated over 5,000 masks already! Each mask also helps support the independent artist who designed it, so head to CAN for our face mask collection and you'll be doing a world of good!
3. Congrats to these two crazy kids! Kamala & Joe symbolize the optimism, confidence and hope everyone needs right now and our action figure collection is here for all of it! The artists at FCTRY have made what just might be the best stocking stuffers ever, and when you get them at CAN they give back to great causes: the Joe Biden action figure helps support The Dream Corps and the Kamala Harris action figure supports UltraViolet. And don't forget the Barack Obama action figure which you can give along with along with his new memoir, A Promised Land for an unforgettable holiday present! Head over to the action figure collection today.
4. If you need a gift for lovers of books and art, our book collection has something for everyone! Each book is packed with great art designed by independent artists in support of worthy social causes, and just a few months ago we introduced our third book, Posters For A Green New Deal: 50 Removable Posters To Inspire Change, a compilation of Green New Deal artwork by artists around the world in support of Sunrise Movement. You can also pick up copies of What REALLY Makes America Great, proudly supporting The Dream Corps and See America: A Celebration of Our National Parks & Treasured Sites that gives back to EarthJustice, two books we know everyone will love. Thanks for shopping our book collection!
5. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg holds a special place in our hearts at CAN and her impact on people around the world will never be forgotten! This year for the holidays, we're celebrating her legacy with the Ruth Bader Ginsburg collection in support of UltraViolet, a community of 1.2 million women and allies around the world working overtime to fight sexism. The collection has sweet stocking stuffers like exclusive RBG buttons and RBG magnets, new baby and toddler gifts like the RBG baby onesie, and a quartet of Ruth Bader Ginsburg socks designed by Maggie Stern Stitches that are perfect for everyone from grandparents to teachers to moms. You'll also find the Ruth Bader Ginsbur "Kiki poster (framed or unframed) and a collection of RBG dog collars and leashes!
6. If you're looking for a truly forward-thinking gift, the Green New Deal collection has everything you'll need! There's apparel, accessories, a whole bunch of art and a limited edition enamel pin, plus our brand new book Posters For A Green New Deal: 50 Removable Posters To Inspire Change, all of which proudly support Sunrise Movement, an organization working to slow the effects of climate change. A customer recently told us our Green New Deal poster book is the 'perfect Christmas gift for progressives' and our new blog post has all the details. Thanks for joining us in going green this year and we know your friends and family will appreciate their Green New Deal gifts!
7. With two very important Georgia Senate runoffs happening in January '21 and 2022 elections just around the corner, buttons from our Vote! collection are a great gift for the holidays! All of our eco-friendly hemp vote buttons like We Can Do It Vote! and Vote Like Your Rights Depend On It are in stock and every sale gives back to Headcount.org, dedicated to registering new voters all across America, helping flip states like Georgia blue in 2020. Whether you're hunting for holiday stocking stuffers, need a meaningful birthday gift for a newly turned 18 year-old or simply want a statement pin for your own jacket, head on over to our Vote! button shop. There's a Green New Deal button collection too!
8. New start, new art! 2021 is the perfect time to freshen up your decor with our selection of fine art prints, all available in multiple sizes and framed or unframed. Browse a selection of thousands of posters like Let Equality Bloom by Brooke Fischer, Hear Our Voice by Liza Donovan (an official Women's March selection) and our See America national park poster collection depicting beautiful public spaces, landmarks and parks across the USA. Sales from our poster collection give back to independent artists and worthy organizations like UltraViolet and EarthJustice, helping to make the world a better place!
9. One of the silver linings of #2020 is that more people headed into the great outdoors for fresh air and open spaces! We feel lucky to have so many fantastic national parks that can can be shared by everyone. Our See America collection is a celebration of our national parks, monuments and other public spaces through the eyes of independent artists all over the world, and features national park posters, the See America book, apparel and a really fun national parks sticker sheet, all helping support EarthJustice. Hope to see you soon park lovers!
Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, May 9th and we can't think of a better time in history to celebrate moms! Moms are modern superheroes and we think they deserve special recognition for all the extra hours on the clock this past year. Our 2021 Mother's Day gift guide has fun suggestions on how to make this year extra special for your mom, grandma and all the deserving ladies in your life, with unique gift ideas like Maya Angelou socks, Women of Star Trek puzzles and the cutest little RBG baby onesie for new and expecting moms. And so much more! Proceeds from our Mother's Day gift guide help support UltraViolet feminist organization, giving back to women and girls with every sale. Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful hardworking moms!
Carry your favorite activist art around with you! We've partnered with CARD.com and independent artists to make a collection of over 20 different prepaid debit cards with colorful designs for important causes like female empowerment, national parks, LBGTQ+ pride, celebrating black artists, supporting public libraries and more.